Monday, May 23, 2011

Clint Eastwood, _Frontier and Holy Ghost!

"Vigilante, Outlaw, Hero, Villain", Spray paint, 2011

I love westerns, especially Sergio Leone's Films. Clint Eastwood is featured in many of these classics and his acting is amazing. In many cases he is the same character in his demeanor but his actions go in so many different directions in his films. Within this work I tried to capture as many as these characters as possible in an iconic and straight forward fashion. I focused on the roles Clint played in the "Dollars Trilogy" (Fist Full of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, and The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly). I created the work using stencils not only because I commonly work that way but also because of the hard edge impact I can accomplish, the images appear almost political in a way. I am very pleased with the piece and was fortunate enough to have it featured in the _Frontier Show.



Great Jam here I stumbled upon while messing around on the Youtube by 009 Sound System called Holy Ghost. If you love to chill out, listen, then space out.... you will love this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment