Wednesday, February 23, 2011

All the Places and Color Skull

Another interesting song discovered through KEXP Song of the Day Podcast. MADE IN HEIGHTS - All the Places is original and very soft yet with a strong beat, I really enjoyed it and will continue to do so.


This a drawing I did in 2009 simply for fun. I had to draw a skull for my drawing class while at SWCC and used the same skull in this work but just drew lines of color within. The skull itself is flawed and not drawn perfectly as you can tell by the eye sockets and the nose but I felt this made it my own. I left the skull the way it was originally drawn and I started with the color on the right temple and then bounced all over the skull trying to produce a some what symmetrical pattern. I was extremely pleased with the out come and piece is displayed on my living room wall. It is a work I just enjoy looking at and is probably the most colorful of all my work thus far.

"Color Skull", Colored Pencils, 8 1/2" x 11"

No comments:

Post a Comment